1. Register you smart phone.
- To save time at registration, we encourage you to pre-register your mobile device when you purchase tickets or by sending your name and cell number to email@example.com. You will receive a text on March 1 with a link to the mobile bidding site to confirm your name and bidder number.
- Upon entry to The Art Affair you’ll be asked if you intend to bid through your mobile phone. If you haven’t pre-registered, you will be assisted through the process.
- Once your smartphone is registered, you’ll receive an automated welcome text message containing your bidder URL. If you don’t receive a text message within two minutes, please contact OpenDoors or see staff member at the event for assistance.
- Bidding Agents and registration volunteers will be on hand to help you register your phone at any point during the silent auction.
2. Use your smart phone to find silent auction
- Click on the link in your automated text message to log in. Once you’re logged in, your bidder number will display on your home screen.
- When prompted, confirm your name. If the displayed name is incorrect, email firstname.lastname@example.org or see a Bidding Agent at the event.
3. Start Bidding!
- Bidding opens March 1. Select “Details/Bid” to bid on an item.
- You can bid the next increment, set a maximum bid or simply choose to “Watch” certain items.
- If you enter your highest maximum bid on an item, the system will automatically place bids in your favor until that amount is reached or until the auction closes. If your maximum bid is lower than the highest maximum bid on that item, you’ll be prompted to enter a higher bid.
4. After the Silent Auction Closes
- Check to see which items you’ve won under “My Bids.”
- If you’re attending the live auction, your silent auction items will be available for pickup at the registration desk when you check out.